Honda came after the 250 market in 2011 with the release of the CBR250R that shocked everyone around the world as Kawasaki has had that market cornered for decades. Well Kawasaki didn't like the competition so they release the Ninja 300 for 2013 to try and "one up" Honda.
Well Honda has answered back with the all new 2013 CBR500R. At only a few more bucks than the Ninja 300 while having twice the TQ and more HP it'll be interesting to see how things play out once the CBR500R is released.
With the introduction of the all-new CBR500R, Honda boldly redefines the middleweight class and infuses a whole new level of excitement for sport riders in search of superior value along with great fun. The CBR500R delivers plenty of performance to all sport riders, including riders moving up from the sporting, entry-level Honda CBR250R, as well as more experienced riders who will appreciate the CBR500R's light and nimble handling. Credit its thoroughly modern, torquey 500cc parallel-twin DOHC engine that's wrapped in a great-handling chassis featuring a full fairing spawned from Honda's much-acclaimed CBR600RR and CBR1000RR sportbikes. This aerodynamic bodywork also provides significant advantages in air management for added rider comfort, along with a low drag coefficient and effective engine cooling. A sophisticated chassis with Pro-Link single-shock rear suspension, stout 41mm fork, sporting 17-inch wheels and a 320mm wave-style front disc brake and 240mm rear disc help round out a package that looks as good as it rolls.
Features and Benefits
- Sportbike riding position keeps the rider balanced in a dynamic seating stance that's comfortable and efficient.
- All-new 500cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin DOHC engine is thoroughly modern in design and produces a broad power spread for enjoyable and economical riding.
- Four-valve cylinder head design uses lightweight rocker-arm valve actuation with shim-type valve adjustment.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Engine counterbalancer and 180-degree crankpin reduce engine vibration for superior rider comfort.
- Preloaded, scissors-type gears for the primary drive and engine counter balancer gears help reduce engine noise.
- Diamond-shaped 35mm steel tube frame is lightweight and rigid for responsive sport handling.
- Stout 41mm front fork with 4.3 inches of travel returns a plush yet controlled ride.
- Sophisticated Pro-Link single-shock rear suspension offers nine-stage spring preload adjustability and 4.7 inches of controlled travel.
- Lightweight cast aluminum wheels, 120/70-17 in front and 160/60-17 rear, return sporting feel and handling traits.
- Front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provide strong stopping power.
- ABS version available for enhanced braking characteristics in less than ideal conditions.
- Instrument display features speedometer, tachometer, odometer/A&B tripmeters, fuel gauge, clock, mpg, average fuel consumption, and current fuel consumption.
- Modest 30.9-inch seat height helps build rider confidence.
- Standard model available in Black, Pearl White/Blue/Red or Red. ABS model available in Red only.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Honda Genuine Accessories Available:
- Sport Screen, Color-Matched Passenger Seat Cowl, Carbon Fiber-Look Front Fender, Carbon Fiber-Look Lower Headlight Cover, Carbon Fiber-Look Rear Tire Hugger, Carbon Fiber-Look Tank Pad
2013 Honda CBR500R Release Date - April 2013. As always we'll have the 2013 CBR500R here at Honda of Chattanooga as soon as it's released and we're hoping for an early release in March of 2013.
Honda of Chattanooga has been a Honda PowerHouse Dealer selling Honda PowerSports products since 1962 - We have been offering the Best / Lowest Wholesale Prices you'll find on Honda Motorcycles, ATVs, Scooters, Power Equipment and more!
You can visit our main website at http://www.hondaofchattanoogatn.com/ to "Request a Quote", find more info & specs on all of the models and more.
Check out our Blog at http://www.hondaofchattanoogablog.com/ to stay current with everything Honda related regarding New Models, Release Dates, Sale Promotions, News and more.
Contact email - Kevin@HondaofChattanoogaTN.com
Contact Phone # - 423-855-5055
Honda of Chattanooga
4915 Highway 58
Chattanooga, TN 37416